Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Vegetable rainbow

So apparently you aren't just supposed to eat vegetables. You are supposed to eat vegetables of different kinds and colors, different colors equaling different vitamins and nutrients. Well okay so I get that but unfortunately I am only one person. Now I love fibery goodness but trying to eat down a whole vegetable cart before they all spoil is a little difficult. Now Kraft mac-n-cheese, thats what we call shelf life. But I do have to say I outdid myself today. I made me a little salad. Now normally this consists of greens, some tomatoes, maybe a little broccoli and then for special occasions some healthy fat filled avocado. Not today my friends. I made a salad rainbow. Broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, red cabbage, spinach, radish, and some fresh purple hull peas. (I really wished I had some red onion too.) But that meant I only used a little of each. I think its inevitable that I'm going to end up throwing away some but I think I"m willing to deal with that little bit of waste. I mean its all super biodegradable. Of all things to worry about, I guess a little spoiled vegetable is not it.

I also got some of that fancy stuff called fresh fish. Talk about pressure. This is too much food to keep track of.

No comments:

Post a Comment