Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Naysayers

Why is it just because you have failed numerous times (okay hundreds of times) to lose weight that people look at you like you are crazy when you try again. Am I just supposed to quit?  I blew it, it's all over, no more chances! Isn't 2 days eating healthy better than none? If I never lose this weight isn't it better to have some health mixed in there? I have a family member who made fun of me because I wanted to try the Fiber One brownies. Why not try to be the healthiest I can be? I don't want to settle for thin, I want to nourish myself, and that means FIBER, lots of it. It's the key to a healthy digestive system. And where does your food (the literal part of "you are what you eat") get processed? Bingo! The digestive system. Fiber is an amazing thing. So it just irritates me when people act like its crazy to try to be better, to do the best you can. If you have the knowledge to make the best food choices, then you should do your best to use that knowledge. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean that I can't try to be healthy. It's a big delusion to think that just because you are thin and you get on the treadmill every day that your lack of a wide array of nutrients doesn't affect you. It's going to be quite a surprise to this person when we are 80 and I'm running circles around her.

So now that that is out, I need to release this negativity towards her. I have no control over other people. I have no control over other people. I have no control over other people.

Even after all that, I didn't get all my veggies in today. I was going to eat some as a snack but I didn't eat til dinner. I guess missing veggies is better than supplementing with carbs. And I tried to really get moving in the pool today. I had a skinny cow dessert. Its a really hard line making sure I don't get too strict and trying not to think about eating the whole box of desserts. But I just had one (and it was deeeeeeeeee licious)

No comments:

Post a Comment