Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday nervousness

So my audition this morning went well. But this of course means I didn't eat breakfast. So my brain screams "It's time to treat yourself, you deserve it." Same old story from the food addict handbook. But I handled it. I did stop at Starbuck's for a nonfat frappucino. Best choice, no, better choice, yes.

Now here is the scary part. I plan on eating a nice veggie wrap after I finish up this post. But then E is having people over for a fantasy football draft party. Now E is on Weight Watchers but she is the queen of self control and is perfect like 99% of the time, but today she is having a free day. This works for her, she is NOT a food addict. I have to give her props, she works very hard to maintain her weight in a family genetic pool that doesn't help in any way. Weight Watchers helps her maintain. So back to the Free Day (Alarm bells). In my house today there will be pizza, cake, candy and beer. 4 of my favorite things. I want to say that I will be a bastion of strength and nibble on my carrot while the festivities ensue. But in all honesty I can't say that. I don't really know what is going to happen, but I'm going to honestly give it my best effort. I'll update ya'll tonight.

Update: So things didn't go super well. I don't really want to go into what I ate because the most interesting thing is how I feel now. I have NO desire to eat junk tomorrow. I lived a little tonight, had some pizza beer etc. I cannot wait to eat healthy tomorrow. I can't actually believe it myself. This is a totally new sensation. I ALWAYS want pizza. Not this time. I want a veggie wrap and some fresh fruit and some whole grains. Maybe my body does know whats best for it. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your audition went well. Keep us updated on how that works out--I've heard wonderful things about the Houston Opera. I'd really like to see a show sometime. As for the insanity going on at your house, I suggest filling up before hand on lean proteins, and allowing yourself not more than ONE of anything. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't eat the best yesterday either. But I don't like how I feel this morning and that's always great motivation to eat better today!

    ReplyDelete