Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Camera Shock

So last night I finished my daily goals by taking some photos to be my official "before" photos. Ouch, reality is not a pretty thing. I guess my mental image of myself is just not the same as my reality. I am much bigger than I feel. It made me feel sad and motivated at the same time. I want next months picture to look a little different. I had decided to do monthly weigh-ins instead of weekly so I also decided to add a picture each month too. This is a hard discipline for me as it seems I need something to be obsessive over. The AD/HD in me has to latch on to something and just run with it, although I know a lot of dieters get stuck with scale obsession. I tried the daily weigh-in, such a bad idea. Weekly weigh-ins were better but not by much. I am really trying to focus on how I feel and knowing what I put in my mouth. If I'm gonna obsess about something I prefer it be about this blog or how many vegetables I eat. My AD/HD won't change but I can learn to adapt it to healthier goals. Now my vanity won't allow me to post these pictures until I have at least one noticeable "after" picture to put beside it so you'll see those in a couple months. I was gonna say might but decided to change my language.

Today's Goals-
1. Practice the music for my gig this weekend.
2. Clean my room
3. Get in the pool and get movin'
4. Veggies, veggies, veggies
5. Write my studio policies for school

Thats quite a list but I know I'll feel better if I just get it done instead of sitting around letting anxiety build a knot in my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, photos can be shocking. I have a post about it early on in my blog, I think right after Memorial Day. I was appalled to see what I actually looked like. Your mind just never gets as big as your body I guess, it's a crazy thing. Looking forward to seeing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you're coming from with the monthly weigh-in. Daily is too much for me. I get obsessed and hop on and off the scale multiple times per day. However, for me, monthly doesn't give me enough pay off. I need to see that something is changing more frequently than that. So weekly is what works for me; I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete