Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Blog World (Inspiration Central)

So now that I've had my blog for the incredibly long span of like 10 days I've done some reading of other blogs. They are so sophisticated. There are all these different things you can do. Now I just don't see myself doing all those things but I would love to have some more readers (The self-defeating part of my personality says "Why would anyone want to read this and who do you think you are, actually wanting people to read it") Well I've learned in these few short days the helpfulness of community. I have been inspired beyond what I ever thought I would be. I've read about dieting success stories and about people who struggle just as hard as I do. The sheer number of weight loss blogs is astounding. Every one I go to has links to even more, no one could ever read them all. I have found blogs with people who are nothing like me except for the fact that they are working on losing weight. They do things, in ways I would probably never do them. Some are much older than me, some have lost more weight than I need to, and some have lost much less than I need to. Some are fitness fanatics (its exhausting just looking at their pictures.) But tonight I found a blog about a person who seems very similar to me. www.asmallloss.com. Her starting weight is almost exactly mine, she is very close to my age, and she is a foodie too. She has lost 150 pounds. I wonder what it must be like to be where she is now. Its something I am so very far away from. But I'm not alone and the easing of the loneliness is a very wonderful thing. I don't know if my blog will ever get read or if it will ever be very fancy but I'm incredibly glad I'm writing one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment