Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stress eating, how do you deal?

Today was a long day. A friend from college is in a devastating situation where either outcomes is terribly saddening. His life and career might be over and it's breaking my heart. The truth is just sad, whatever it may turn out to be.

My eating was not good today. Yesterday was long and draining and mentally exhausting. Today I was still swamped in the work that is piling up. The stress led me to make some bad choices. (On a good side note, I was very proud that my eating while not healthy was not disordered eating. I didn't finish my lunch and I threw away my soda after thinking that I didn't really need a re-fill. ) So the stress triggered me going with unhealthy options but I didn't let the meal take over my thinking. It was strangely disappointing and affirming at the same time.

Now, I know I don't have many readers but I would like to know if any of you have ways you deal with stress eating. What helps you choose to go through the work of eating healthy?

I am glad I rested yesterday as I could feel my body needed it even though my mind worries that if I stop one day I won't restart the next. There will be days that I need to rest and days that exercise doesn't fit into my schedule. I hope to continue reaffirming that one day off is just one day off. When I exercised today I could feel that the rest was appropriate and I was getting fatigued at the end of last week. I have to admit it felt like I hadn't exercised in a week but I am really really happy and excited that I got to it today without the usual excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment