So I finished day one back on the weight watchers wagon. I even did 30 minutes of exercise and drank water. Ooh I can't wait to be thin and athletic!! Oops..... what was I talking about?
Now in this classic fable we learn of the tortoise's slow and steady pace. I think we can all agree the tortoise is lame. Dude, call a taxi! But alas, I must take on the attributes of the fabled tortoise. It's time to reject the hare's siren song of fast results in minimum time. I am the tortoise (slow breathe in) I am the tortoise (slow breathe out). So what does this mean?
Attributes of the tortoise:
1) Slow and steady
2) Not competitive
3) Goal oriented (not speed oriented)
4) Awesome ninja skills (Wait ...... that's the mutant turtles...my bad)
5) Never gives up despite slow progress
6) Eventually surpasses dumbass hare
So what does this mean for my weight loss race? It means that I have to set some goals that have nothing to do with miracles, unrealistic goals, or ninja skills. So here is where I'm starting.
1) Stay in my points realizing that sometimes white carbs, well carbs in general, will be involved. The most important thing is sticking with the plan and getting some veggies, fruit, and water in.
2) 30 minutes a day of physical movement. This is proven to be effective. I am not Rambo. 30 minutes, thats all.
3) I will compare myself to NO ONE!
But, thats not enough. WHERE IS MY PERFECTION!?!? I am the tortoise (slow breath in) I am the tortoise (slow breath out).