Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Not falling in the T-day trap

Thanksgiving weight gain is not about Thursday's meal. It never was and never will be. It's the scary days before and after. It's that feeling of holiday. I am working very hard not to do that. Tonight there was meatloaf and rolls and cherry pie and ice cream. This is normally a gut buster. Tonight though I did the work no matter how it depressed me. I had one roll and a small slice of meatloaf. I would say it was about 1/4 of the size I normally have. I also declined pie and ice cream (super sad face). As the cherry pie mocked me I decided to invoke the 3 (very small) bite rule which helped calm the crazy enough that I feel strong enough not to do a late night fridge raid. There is half a pie in there!! and so it shall remain. So I've survived another day of temptation. Tomorrow here I come. C'mon broccoli show me what ya got.

No comments:

Post a Comment