Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve observations

1. I'm a whiny narcissistic beotch who needs to think about the real meaning of the holidays.
2. Watching a 4 year old open presents is way more fun than opening your own.
3. I have to accept the fact that I have trouble listening to bad singing no matter what the spirit or intent. I won't apologize for years of training and hard work. It's like eating velveeta after going to France and eating a handcrafted aged masterpiece. It's not a judgement. I'm glad you feel the spirit and feel the need to sing your faith. I just can't pretend that it sounds ok.
4. I like tradition. I love an awesome guitar riff, but on Christmas Eve I need candles, a hymn book, and an organ and I'd like to sing Silent Night the same way I've sung it since I was old enough to sing it.
5. I you don't think tiny bunny slippers are adorable, you have no soul.
6. Someone always has a present that everyone wants to play with. This year it just happens to be a camera made for children.
7. Waiting to open presents can cause a 7 year old to have what seems like a very real panic attack.
8. There comes a time when you have to learn to love the holidays in a new way. Christmas will never be as great as it was when I was a kid and thats ok.
9. I love little curly haired 4 year olds in their Christmas dress.
10. Anne Murray's christmas album is the greatest christmas album ever.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is way better when you are a kid, or when there are kids around to celebrate with--particularly nieces and nephews. Then you don't have the responsibility of buying all their presents, but you still get to share in their joy. I hope your holiday was meaningful for you.

    ReplyDelete