Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pizza is a "mean girl"

So Pizza will tell you all sorts of lies to get you on her side. You know you wanna get with that "in" crowd. She looks good, smells good, she's someone you feel you really want to know. But once she's assimilated you, she will never do you right.

Pizza and exercise do not mix. I have always known this intellectually but we've never really put the two up against each other. Yes, I had pizza. Pizza. Pizza. And Pizza. But I decided that I would never quit no matter how messy things get. I'm in this for the good and bad. So, I put my foot down and put on that exercise video. I knew pizza would win the round. Exercise will not erase what I put in my body today. But I was not ready for the brick in my stomach. Pizza tried to put me down. I feel totally gross. Pizza is a "mean girl." She trash talked my stomach for the full 45 minutes. She can be a real bitch.

I don't know if this nutrition blight will take me down. My body will do what it must and I can't take back the pizza. But after years of struggle, I did something I've never done before. I did not decide to start over tomorrow. I didn't listen when pizza told me I'm not good enough and I should just give up. I don't know what this means, but it's a nice development.

No comments:

Post a Comment